I used a vintage bed sheet for this, lined with white muslin. Somehow this is the first dress I have ever lined, but it went well. I did not add the frills, and I left off the back buttons and just continued to the top with the zip. Even though this was a petite sized pattern I took 1.5" of length out of the midsection. I just have a terribly short waist :o( I also took about 1.5" of width out at the back bodice. I think this was because I should have cut a 38 in the bodice and a 40 in the skirt, but that just seemed too complicated.
After making my adjustments, and testing the dress out all day it has met with approval. I really enjoy the cheerfulness of the print and the ventilation at the back. It is a true summer wardrobe success!